Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's Almost Time.....

 
 
                Ok!!  So this year so far has been a crazy year!!  I have maintained my weight between 180-185.  I am happy with that for now but I still want to get lower.  Back in May I had the opportunity to run the Flying Pig Marathon with some great friends!!  Even though my longest run was only 12 miles before the race I am so glad I went out there and did it!!  I ended up getting my second fastest time 5:17.  It would have been faster but I started cramping so bad I could only walk the last few miles.  If it wasn't for Karen, Tammie Peach, and Michelle I would have never made it!!  I am so thankful for them!! 
 
                Now let me bring you up to date, I have completed my first Half Ironman 70.3 Muncie back in July.  It was awesome!!  I used it as a training day for my big race in August.  I completed my race in 7:36.  I was not even tired when I finished.  I was not even sore the next day!!  Now to me that's amazing!!  I didn't want to over do it and scare myself away from doing a Full Ironman.  My plan was to take it easy and just finish.  I did it!!  Next year I want to do it again and race it!!
 
 


      In 4 days I will be stepping up to the starting line of Louisville Ironman 140.6 miles.  Yes!!  I decided back in January I wanted to train for it.  It was my little secret that only a handful of people knew.  Once it started getting closer I started talking more about it to others.  Everybody has been so supportive and excited for me.  It's hard to believe this year I have completed my 6th marathon, a half ironman, 2 century bike rides, 2.4 mile open water swim, and now I am going for a FULL IRONMAN!!  This year has flown by. 
 
         If you want to follow me, download this App MyAthlete Live Tracker or you can go to ironmanlive.com to track me.   Hopefully in a few days I will be able to call myself an IRONMAN!!


 

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's here already. Can't believe it. Our turn to become Ironwomen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you and Coy this weekend! You ladies are gonna kill it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Courtney! You will be great out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was so nice to meet you and hang out with you in the swim start line

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on becoming an Ironman, proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. So exciting! Way to go withal your racing. I'm totally inspired...I'm such a lazy runner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney!!! Thanks for finding my blog! So we must have been out there together a whole bunch on the marathon. I watched the finish video to find you. :) I've added you to my bloglist to follow, so blog away! I want to follow your journey. It looks like you are the weight loss queen of 2013 and losing 6 inches! That's craziness! You Rock! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete